Saturday, April 12, 2014

Leaving California

Thursday was our last day with our hosts, before leaving to Palo Alto. Thursday started out with journalism class where a few of the Danes got interviewed for a podcast. When the school day was done we all said our goodbyes. It was especially hard for me since I was extremely lucky to have Danielle. She has introduced me to her lifestyle, family and friends and managed to include me into her busy schedule making me feel welcomed at all times. It also surprised me how close we got and also how close I got with her friends. I will miss them all!

Our final day was spent in Palo Alto, where we ate dinner together. On Friday we headed to Stanford University, where we walked around and bought souvenirs. 
When we came back to our hotel, we finalized our packing and drove off to the airport where we'd be flying to Denmark. 

This trip has been an amazing learning experience, I am also so happy to be able to meet such amazing people at Menlo Atherton who I am sure I will stay friends with for a long time. I wish the trip could have lasted longer, I was not ready to leave California yet and I don't think any of us were.
Last but not least, I think we were a great group of Danes and we got along really well. I am sure we will stay friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment